Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Past

To my mind, my memory of Christmas is always associated with my mother. She was the one who made Christmas special. It wasn't that she cooked mountains--or even cooked much, but it was the excitement she managed to give us, wherever we happened to be, whether at home, or at my grandfather's place or even in the train! In fact that was one of my memorable Christmases, when my mother carefully put out presents for us on our train berths as we sped through the night to visit her father. I'd posted about that Christmas earlier here at the end of that post. She obviously enjoyed our excitement.
I hope my children and grandkids have good memories of Christmas with me too.

1 comment:

  1. oh we sure do! putting up the christmas tree is just not as much anymore minus you and Ro!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message if you feel the post appeals to you.