Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Bandra house was situated opposite the tiny, quaint, St. Stephen's church on Mt. Mary Rd. The grounds of the house covered almost an acre. [Today there are 3 flats there :(]
Our neighbours who lived downstairs and we, were supposed to share the garden My mother had a gardener and laid out flower beds & I vaguely remember a lawn. I remember one time my mother even planted cassava(kappa) which she brought from Kerala.
It was certainly heavenly for us small children, there was so much place to play. The downstairs people had a boy around our age, who went to the same school too. So we were always playing, my younger brother, B from downstairs and me. My kid sister was just a baby after all. I can't find any pictures of the garden there, though I know there was one. You'll have to take my word for it I guess :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amms, this is so nice. It took me some time to figure out how to find this blog since you haven't enabled your profile on your other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only the places where we grew up would remain for the next generation to see what we are talking about. But things keep changing as more homes are built.
    Nice to have the good memories t o keep.
    Hillgrandmom, Hope you don`t mind being Tagged as i am taging you. Got to my blog to see what this Tag is all about. It is an easy Tag to do. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ams, i finally got around to looking at this new blog of yours and i think its so nice!

    i'm sure i'm really going to enjoy reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message if you feel the post appeals to you.